1. Horn shaped bamboo shoot 3
2. Bhoot Jolokia (Ghost pepper) (According to your taste)
3. Thekera Tenga (Kokum) 10 pieces
4. Salt (According to your taste)
5. Turmeric Powder 1 table spoon
6. Water 1/2 cup
1.Cut the horn-shaped bamboo shoot in half length ways, strip off the outer fibrous layers and then trim about 2cm off the base.
2.Now grate or cut the soft white, creamy portion of the bamboo shoot into fine pieces .
3. Transfer the fine pieces into a clean glass jar.
4.Add a little bit of water, salt, turmeric powder and few pieces of Thekera Tenga (Kokum) and keep in a sealed clean jar for 15 days.
5.After 15 days your fresh bamboo shoot ( kesa Kharisa) is ready .
6.To make pickle now the fermented bamboo shoot or khorisa should be completely drained out.
7.After that spread and dried in sunlight for 4-5 hour.Bamboo shoot slices should be little dry but still moist.
8.Put the bamboo shoot in to a glass jar and just add enough mustard oil which covers the rim up to half or one inch above the pickle.
9.Mix chopped bhoot Jolokia (Ghost pepper) to bamboo shoots.
10.Keep the bamboo shoot pickle in glass jar with lid on. Pickle would be ready in 4-7 days.