আরি মাছর খার জোল
Aari Maasor Khar Jool.... This dish is mostly eaten in many parts of lower Assam....A simple recipe with minimal ingredients.....
- Aari fish 5-6 pieces (You can use any types of river or fresh water fishes...However my grandmom says that this recipe tasts better with small fishes)
- kolakhar 2tsp
- Garlic cloves 3-4
- Green Chillies 2-3 (or as per your taste)
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash the fish pieces. Rub with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp turmeric.
- Heat the mustard oil in kadai and shallow fry the fish pieces. keep aside.
- In a hot deep pan put 1/2 tsp of mustard oil and add 2-3 green chillies, garlic cloves, salt stir for few seconds
- Now add kolakhar or sodium bicarbonate (along with 2 cups of water).
- Add the fried fish pieces and mix well
- Cook for about15 minutes and switch off the gas.
- The khar jool is ready to serve with rice.