A very popular tasty and healthy Fish recipe of Assam...
1. 4-5 half ripen Amora tenga (Ambarella or Indian Hog plum),washed and boiled in a pressure cooker.
2. 4-5 pieces of fried fish ( In Lower Assam, people generally use Kaoi and Goroi fish. Here i have used Bhangon Fish)
3. 2 pinches of turmeric powder
4. salt to taste
5. 1tsp Mustard Oil
6. a pinch of sugar
7. 1/2 tsp mustard seed
8. 1 whole chilly
9. 1 tsp flour
1. Mash the boiled Amora ( Indian hog plum) with your fingers, freeing as much of the pulp as possible
2. In a pan, heat the mustard oil and add 1 tbs mustard seeds, turmeric powder, chilly and salt according to your taste.
3. add the Amora pulp and the water in which the amora tenga was boiled, along with another glass of water, and simmer for a minute.
4.. Mix the flour with a little water to make a light paste and add to the pan.
5. Now add the fried pieces of fish to the pan and cook for 10 minutes .
6. Finally, it is ready to serve with rice.