- Tender bamboo shoot 3
- Thekera Tenga (Garcinia) 10 pieces
- Salt (According to your taste)
- Turmeric Powder 1 table spoon (optional)
- Cut the horn-shaped bamboo shoot in half length ways, strip off the outer fibrous layers and then trim about 2cm off the base.
- Now grate or cut the soft white, creamy portion of the bamboo shoot into fine pieces .
- Transfer the fine pieces into a clean glass jar.
- Add a little bit of water, salt, turmeric powder and few pieces of Thekera Tenga (Garcenia) and keep the jar sealed for 10-15 days.
- After 15 days your fermanted bamboo shoot ( Poka Kharisa) is ready .
- To make xukan Khorisa now the fermented bamboo shoot should be completely drained out.
- Now spread and dry in sunlight .Bamboo shoot slices should be completely dried.
- Store them in an air tight container for later use... You can use this xukan Khorisa in many dishes like.... Aloo pitika, Goroi Maas pura Pitka, in chicken/fish curry and many more......
Note: Instead of adding Thekera (Garcinia) you can also add the fermanted Bamboo shoots (Poka Khorisa/Baah Gaaj) from your previous batch...