টিয়হ -কঠাল গুটি-মাছৰ মূৰৰ খাৰ
Assamese people are well known as খাৰ খোৱা অসমীয়া় (Khar eaten Assamese)…Khar (Alkali) ...A signature dish of Assamese cuisine ..Our traditional Assamese meal always begins with 'Khar', a purely unique dish which is very simple to make and tasty to eat.....In my blog I have shared different types of Khar dishes... Today I have shared another Khar dish...
- Fried Fish head: 1 medium sized (Rahu or Catla)
- Cucumber: 2-3 medium size
- Jackfruit seed- 1 cup (cut into halfway)
- Mustard oil: 2 tbsps
- Crushed garlic cloves: 1/2 tbsp
- Slit green chilies: 2
- Salt: to taste
- Kolakhar: 1 tbsp or sodium bicarbonate: 1/4 tsp
- Peel and chop the cucumber
- Heat oil and fry the garlic till brown.
- Add the fried fish head pieces and stir for a minute.
- Add chopped cucumber, jackfruit seeds and stir for about half a minute.
- Add slit green chilies, salt,and kolakhar or sodium bicarbonate.
- Add water and stir and close cover.
- Cook for another 15 minutes and switch off the gas.
- Khar is ready to be served with rice.