পানীটেঙ্গ / কাহুদী
Strong in taste Panitenga or mostly known as Kahudi is a very unique fermented recipe from Assam which is mostly served with an Assamese meal as a side dish.
- Black Mustard seeds - 100 grms
- 1/2 cup thekera Tenga pulp,(mangosteen pulp/Garcinia pedunculata) or Tamarind pulp or Lemon juice
- Banana leaf - 1 no (Tender the leaf by heating on fire)
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of sugar
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp (optional)
- Wash the mustard seeds carefully and leave them to dry completely.
- When the seeds became completely dried grind them ( keep in mind that don't grind the seeds into a fine powder form)
- Add the all ingredients and the souring agent of your choice(Here I have used Thekera Tenga pulp (mangosteen pulp/Garcinia pedunculata))
- Mix them well and knead to get a dough out of it.
- Now wrap the dough with a banana leaf and tie with a string carefully to make a parcel or small packet as shown in the picture.
- keep the parcel inside a container and let it mature for about 3 to 4 days...
- After 3-4 days Panitenga or Kahudi will be ready to serve