(In this recipe I have used different types of xaak...For instance....Paleng, Khutura, Morisaa, Kosu xaak and more....)
- Fried river fish- 4-5 pieces
- Mix Xaak (leafy vegetables)3 cups (chopped)
- Onion- 1 small sliced lengthwise
- Ginger garlic paste 1tsp
- Green chilly 1-2
- Cumin Powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt- (According to taste)
- Mustard oil- 2 tbsp
- Tomato- 1 chopped
- In a hot deep pan put mustard oil
- Now add sliced onion, ginger garlic paste, green chilly and fry for some time.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder and fry well.
- Now add the chopped xaak (leafy vegetables), salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add two cups of water and let the gravy boil.
- Cover with a lid and let it boil for another 5 minutes
- put the pieces of fried fishes into the gravy, cover the lid and put it on medium flame for about 10 minutes
- Add lemon juice before switching off the gas .
- Serve with rice