- Raw mangoes-1 kg
- Bhot Jolokia- 2-3
- Chili powder-2-3 tbsp
- Mustard seed powder-2-3 tsp
- Turmeric powder-2 tsp
- Panch Furon Powder-2tsp
- Mustard oil- approx-1/2 litre
- Wash and wipe mangoes with a cloth .
- Now Chop raw mangoes into medium size pieces
- In a big and wide jar add salt and turmeric in the chopped mango pieces.
- Mix well and keep covered for 2 days
- On the third day strain the liquid that accumulates in the jar and store it separately.
- Spread the pieces out on a patch of cloth, banana leaf or newspaper and let them sun-dry for another 24 hours.
- Now add the all spices like Panch furon powder, chilly powder and mustard seed powder in the mango pieces and rub well
- Transfer the mango pickle in a jar .