- 4-5 ripe tomatoes, cut into medium pieces
- 1-2 tsp mustard oil
- 1tsp of chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 whole red dried chilli
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sugar or jaggery
- salt to taste
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan.
- Add the mustard seeds, whole red chilli and chopped garlic.
- When the seeds start to pop, add the pieces of tomatoes.
- Now sprinkle salt and a turmeric powder.
- Mix well, cover and cook till the tomatoes are pulpy.
- Now add sugar or jaggery and stir till it is dissolved.
- Your delicious Tok is ready to serve with rice, khisiris or rotis as your wish.