- 250 gm. fresh young okra (Ladies Finger/Bhindi/ Bhendi)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 potatoes- cut in wedges
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- salt to taste
- Wash and dry the okra, then chop into vertical pieces and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add chopped onion. fry for a minute
- Now add potato wedges and Bhindi pieces and mix them well
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder and salt. Fry bhindi and potato until starting to tender plus brown around the edges.
- Serve hot with rice or roti