সরিয়হ দিয়া মাছ
Though this dish is originally a Bengali dish, it is very among the Assamese people. We all know that Assamese cuisine has some external influences....Ingredients:
For the Paste:
- Yellow mustard seed 3-4 tsp (soaked in little lukewarm water)
- A pinch of salt
Put the all ingredient in a mixture grinder and make a smooth paste.
For the cooking:
- 4-5 fish pieces (Ilish/Bhokua or Rou)
- 2 tsn mustard Oil
- 3-4 Green Chillies slit at the base
- 1 tsp turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Chilli powder
- 2 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- Smear the fish pieces with salt and turmeric powder first
- In a hot pan add mustard oil and shallow fry the fish pieces...when done keep aside (If you want you can skip the frying process . you can directly put the marinated pieces into the boiling gravy also)
- In the remaining hot oil add the mustard paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder
- Mix the all ingredients for 1-2 minutes and add some water
- Add the slit green chillies and bring it to boil
- Now add put the fried fish pieces into the boiling gravy
- Slow down the heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes
- Uncover and check the consistency and adjust salt.
- Before serving add few drops of raw mustard oil for enhancing the flavor
- Serve it with steamed rice......