ঔ টেঙা-ঢেকীয়া মাছৰ আঞ্জা
- Fish- 200 grm (you can use any type of fresh water or river fishes....Here I have used Bhangon fish)
- Half Ou Tenga (elephant apple)
- Dhekia (Fiddlehead Fern) - 1-2 bunch
- a pinch of turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1tsp Mustard oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 1 whole green chilly
- 1 tsp rice flour
- Clean and wash the fishes carefully. In a big bowl add salt and turmeric powder in the fishes and rub it with your hand
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and fry the fishes for about 5-6 minutes. When it turns golden brown in color keep the fried fishes aside
- Wash the Dhekia xaak and chop the tender parts. keep aside
- Cut the Ou Tenga into medium pieces and boil in a pressure cooker adding some water and a pinch of salt to it (to reduce cooking time)
- In a pan, heat the mustard oil and add 1tbs mustard seeds, turmeric powder, chilly and salt .
- Add boiled Ou tenga pieces along with the boiled water
- If necessary add another glass of water and simmer for a minute.
- Mix the rice flour with a little water to make a light paste and add to the pan.
- Now add the dhekia xaak to the pan and cook for 5 minutes .
- In the boiling stew add the fried fishes and cook for another 10 minutes
- Finally, it is ready to enjoy the most popular Assamese sour curry with steamed rice......