- 2 cups of Mati maah (Split Black gram)
- Some medium pieces of Ou tenga (elephant apple)
- salt to taste
- Dry Red chilly 1-2
- 1/2 tsp Panch phoron
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2-3 tsp mustard oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Wash and soak the mati maah (Black Gram) for one hour
- Now pressure cook it with Ou tenga pieces (elephant apple), salt to taste and water.
- Heat mustard oil in a deep pan over medium heat add add Panch phoron, chillies, garlic cloves, turmeric powder and let it get brown.
- Now it's time to add cooked mati maah and outenga pieces dail in the pan with some water for consistency. Stir well and give a boil.
- Serve with rice......