4-5 handfuls of split red lentils,washed and soaked in water for an hour
5-6 pieces of thekera( kokum), soaked in water for an hour
2 pinches of turmeric powder
salt to taste
Oil for frying the bora (fritters)
a pinch of sugar
1/2 tsp mustared seed
1 whole red chilli
1 tsp flour
- Drain the water and grind the lentils
- Heat the oil.
- Mix the ground lentils with salt and fry some bora( fritters).
- In another pan, heat the mustard oil and add 1tbs mustared seeds, turmeric powder, chilly and salt according to your taste.
- add the thekera pieces (which were soaked in water)
- Add the water in which the thekera was soaked, along with another glass of water, and simmer for a minute.
- Mix the flour with a little water to make a light paste and add to the pan.
- Now add the boras (fritters) to the pan and cook for 10 minutes .
- Finally, it is ready to serve with rice.