ওল কচুৰ আচাৰ
- Ul Kosu (elephant foot yam) - 3 cups grated or cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp white vinegar or half cup of lemon juice
- Salt – 1 tsp
- 3 tsp Mustard seed - roasted and crushed
- 1 tsp paanch phoron - roasted and crushed
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic pods 10-12
- Mustard oil
- Red chili - as per you want
- Chili powder 2 tsp (optional)
- Remove the outer skin of the yam very carefully and grate them or cut into very fine pieces.
- Now boil them adding a pinch of salt and turmeric for about 10 minutes
- Drain the water completely and let them dry under proper sunlight for about 1-2 days
- In a pan heat mustard oil ..switch off the flame and add the all the ingredients along with the sun-dried yam pieces.. Mix well..
- Transfer to a sterilized glass jar.
- If needed add more mustard oil in the jar. The oil should be at least 1 inch above the pickle level.
- Cover the jar with the lid and let it mature for 3-4 weeks before start using. ( keep in mind that the pickle requires a lot of sunlight to mature)