ঢেকিয়া শাক-আলু ভাজি
Different types of Xaak (leafy vegetables) are always a part of authentic Assamese cuisine. Dhekia xaak, the edible Fiddle-head Fern is not only popular in Assam but also in the entire reason of our beautiful North-East. People love to cook this Xaak in different ways.For example...Dhekia xaak stir fry with chickpeas/potatoes, Fish sour curry with Dhekia Xaak and Ou tenga (elephant apple), Pork stew with Dhekia etc.
- Dhekia (Fiddle-head Fern) - 2-3 bunches
- 1 potato ( cut into small pieces)
- 1 onion (Finally chopped)
- 1 tbs mustard oil
- 1 tsp salt (according to your taste)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Wash the Dhekia xaak and chop the tender parts. keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion slices and fry them till brown in color
- Now add dhekia xaak, , potato pieces, turmeric powder and salt.
- Stir it constantly and cook for 10 minutes or till potatoes become tender.
- Its ready to serve