- 200 grm Bhendi (Okra/Ladies Finger)
- 3-4 pieces of thekera( kokum), soaked in water for an hour (you can use Lemon juice also)
- 1 tsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 whole chilly
- 1 pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Wash bhendi and let it dry completely.
- Now cut them into halves lengthwise
- In a pan, heat the mustard oil and add 1 tbs mustard seeds, turmeric powder, chilly and salt according to your taste.
- Add Bhendi Pieces and fry them for 2-3 minutes
- Now Add Thekera pieces along with the water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir occasionally and cook for 2-3 minutes .
- Finally, it is ready to serve with rice.